Saturday, August 8, 2009

Those People

I am horrifed. We were THOSE PEOPLE.

We are currently in Arizona enjoying a relaxing long weekend with friends. We left Thursday morning on a early flight that we almost missed. I grossly underestimated the time we'd need to get through the airport and as always, everything takes longer with Elliott.

We got to the airport at 6:30 am for a 7:20 am flight. I didn't even realize we were running late until the lady at baggage check told us we needed to hurry and gave us a special ticket to get us through security quickly.

We rushed over to the security line and gave the ticket to the first TSA agent that we saw who promply did.... nothing. He had no idea what the ticket meant and looked at us suspiciously and told us to get in the family line.

We waited in line to get through security and I nearly had a break down. I acutally started crying a little. By now it was 7:00 am and our flight boarded at 6:50 am. I was freaking out. We made it through (took off our shoes and all) and Jason was "randomly" choosen to be inspected. He seems to always be choosen. But finally we were through and off to Gate D5.

We were running and I felt like that family in the airport scene of Home Alone. We made it to the gate and it was shut. Panic. They must have just shut it (not "sealed") because they opened it and let us in.

So there we were. THOSE PEOPLE who walk onto the airplane late when everyone is seated, all bags are stowed and they are ready for take off. With everyone glaring at us we made it to our seats, only to find the flight attendants had moved someone to our seats because they thought we weren't coming. So there was this big scence of moving the people out of our seats and us searching for a spot in the overhead bins for our luggage (there wasn't any space left so we crammed all the bags under our seats).

Finally we were seated and we sat for a LONG time. I started to wonder what was taking so long and then it hit me: we were waiting for our luggage to be loaded on the plane. I was horrified.

Finally, we took off and Elliott settled in for a peaceful sleep on my lap. I thought our adventure was over. We even commented how good Elliott was (sleeping of course) and how this wasn't so bad after all.

But it was. I'll fill you in later on our actual plane ride. I have to go relax some more on our vacation first!

2 comments:

  1. Hahah oh no! I can't wait to hear story time. Hope you guys are having a good trip so far ... oh and how is Elliot feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we had a great trip! (except for the flights). Elliott was just fine and never got a cold (no congestion, runny nose, cough, or fever). But I did end up taking him to the doctor that day (which was completely unnecessary) and I'll fill you in on that later!

    ReplyDelete