Saturday, October 27, 2012

First rain


After the first rain of the fall, we found our rain boots and went to make sure our puddle was still there.  

This summer, our roads were recovered with asphalt and I was really tempted to call the company and beg them not to take away our puddle. For two days, our complex was blocked off in random ways which resulted in us being unexpectedly trapped at home one day as they repaved. It looked like they were just laying a coating on top of our asphalt and not fixing any of the bumps, cracks or sunken areas (really, what was the point of "repaving" our roads I wondered?). 

So when it finally rain after such a dry summer, we went make sure our puddle was okay. 

And it was!

Within minutes, both boys fell into the puddle. Same body language, very different reactions!



And we played and played and played. And in-between pictures taking and Emerson screaming "car coming!),  I read my kindle (boy I love that thing).


No comments:

Post a Comment