Monday, May 18, 2009

Let the Poop Begin!

We are in the process of trying cloth diapers. Right now Elliott is in his room pooping and I'm waiting for the results!



You might be wondering how I know he is pooping.
Well, every morning I nurse him and then he plays for about 1/2 hour in his room.
When I come back to get him, almost without fail, he has pooped.
Usually I rest, read or shower during this time, BUT
today I am so eager to see the results that I can't relax!


Before Elliott was born, I also considered using cloth. But that idea was quickly dismissed because my thoughts were "Yuck" and "How would I ever have time for all that laundry?"

Now, I'm thinking. . . "I could save A LOT of money" and "I feel horrible throwing away bags and bags of used disposable diapers that will sit for thousands of years."

So this weekend, with another brave, like-minded friend, I ventured to UVillage on a mission to but a single cloth diaper each. We had success! Emily bought the very popular Bum Genius brand at one store, and I bought Fuzzi Bunz at another.

These are FANCY diapers! I will post a picture later. (poop free, of course)
(and the diaper looks awfully cute on Elliott).


Yesterday's trail was positive. He wore the diaper for about 3 hours and when I felt the fleece that touched his skin, it felt slightly damp but not as wet as I expected. The liner inside (not touching him) was appropriately soaked.

So I washed the diaper last night (easier than I expected), and that brings us to the poop test.
Stay tuned for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment